Friday 12 December 2008

I'll miss you Grandma


You know I said I was going to craft all throughout advent? My Grandma died on the 30th November, exactly two years to the day my cousin Emmanuel died. So I made the pair of earrings above (on the 1st Dec - not the clearest pic, I know... I'll get myself a new camera in the new year) and then set off for Nigeria (on the morning of the 3rd) with my Mum and my sister. Just got back today. It's been a long week and a bit, but I did get to catch up with my family which was nice as I haven't seen them in 3 and a half years. A lot of them are planning to come over for the wedding which will be brilliant, but I still wish my Grandma could be there too. My Mum suggested holding a minute silence for her which I think is a brilliant idea... so, I'm going to take a little bit of a break to sort my head and my life out, which I've been meaning to do for a long time now, I guess this was the push I needed... No one knows what tomorrow brings.

I learnt a lot about my Grandma which I didn't know before... I'm probably post my own mini eulogy for her in a few days time... but until then, (and beyond), may her soul rest in perfect peace.

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

Thinking of you and your family. Traveling mercies!

Anonymous said...

.... my earrings!! thanks, theyre super-kawaii!
xoxo
P.S. im spamming ur blog, and with random japanese too, sorry.