Monday 3 November 2008

Unauthorised absence

Last time you heard from me I was a little down. Stuff happened and I'm ok now. I know I kinda disappeared off the radar for a couple of months. I've been up to my ears in work and not had time to chill or make anything... much. Well, in the last two months I've made Gazelle a scarf, tweaked a old notebook cover into a reading book cover (hooray for hair bands and pretty buttons)...

... baked petit fours with Chloe...


... and made 3 birthday cakes - all chocolate (only remembered to take a picture of one but according to Gazelle I'm perfecting my chocolate cake... YAY!!!)


OK, and that's it.

As I said before, I've had a few clients from the freelance web side of things, so recreational activities have had to take a bit of a back seat. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the work I'm just tired... lol. So just for the record, here's a list of stuff I've planned to make that I haven't quite got around to or finished just yet...
  1. Lily's cardigan
  2. Kelli's hat - no pattern, chunky knit beenie
  3. Janet's scarf - bronze coloured cabled chunky knit
  4. Gabby's hat - Green fair isle tam
  5. Gazelle's neckwarmer and ribbed knit beenie
  6. Jade's scarf
  7. A hat for myself (don't you just love Knitty)
I've bought all the wool, just waiting for my circular needles to arrive. :D The only problem with the above list is that Christmas is coming and I've promised myself that this year everyone's getting hand made presents, which means I better get a move on.

Off topic, the wedding planning took a bit of a break too... I spoke to Marsha (the wedding planner) today and we're meeting up next week, which means I've got 7 days to sort out that wedding wiki I set up. My best mate's moving to Japan in a few weeks time, but is coming back to be my bridesmaid next year, so I need to try and sort her outfit out before she leaves, or at least get some meaurements. The phrase "biting off more than you can chew comes to mind". Hmmm.

Back soon - I hope

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

Man, I am a lucky girl! To answer your question, I'd say my noggin is medium-large. Thank you so much Finke and I'm glad to have you back to blogging!

Anonymous said...

oooh, ooooh, i have to get this in: that 1st pic, of the fantastic book conver...? THAT'S ON MY RUG! lol sorry, just got a bit star-struck, what the my rug being famous and all....

and you never told me about your best mate going to the old Japan.... why? i would've snuck in her case lol!
still, no matter.... わたしはアデすきですよ!

xoxo