Saturday 30 August 2008

My first post!!!

Ok, so I've been meaning to do this for ages.

Blog about stuff I make I mean.

I love making stuff and once I've given it away that's about it. Then I start on something new. I been watching loads of craft blogs (my favourites at the moment are AfricanKelli and Cut Out and Keep - although I guess Cut Out and Keep is a forum) and being really inspired and getting great ideas for stuff, but not actually keeping track of my own development.

For instance about 3 years ago, I could just about knit scarves without dropping too many stitches. and that was about it. Yesterday I started making this cute little cardigan (pattern taken from The second little sublime hand knit book).



The pattern is called Lily and I'm making it for a friend's daughter... and the lovely little girl's name is... wait for it... Lily! How perfect is that!?! I'm making the stripy version in pastel green, blue and yellow and can't wait to finish it. I'll post a picture of the back once I finish it so you can see how the pattern is coming out.

- Finké :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adds (lol TOTALLY ur new nick-name, i mean with that spelling), have you ever notcied how the lil girl in that picture, posing with the cardigan, actually looks quite a lot like the really Lily??
Uncanny.

xoxo